Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short is very important for creatives. Today we’re going to talk about the basics of SEO for artists and producers and why it matters.
What is SEO is exactly?
According to neilpatel.com, “Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword.”
Why Is This Important?
Optimized content ranks high on organic search results. Ignoring the power of SEO is absolute self-destruction. Chill out on Instagram and Facebook for a second. There’s a very big ocean out there with potentially millions of fans for you.
SEO for artists and producers is a long-term commitment that requires musicians to ensure that all their content is relevant and consistent with the latest developments. Digital marketing for musicians is a daunting task, but you can always hire a digital marketing agency to optimize your content. You may frown at the cost and demands it imposes on you, but it is a worthwhile investment. via TuneCore
5 Tips For Helping With Your SEO
- Keyword Research – SEO for artists is all about branded keywords. Branded keywords can include your stage name, album names, song names, lyrics, music style, performance dates, interviews, and more. There is a high search volume around Coldplay’s branded keywords.
2. META Tags – META tags describe a page’s content and are only found within the page’s HTML. The keywords you discovered in the previous step could be plugged into your META tags. META tags include a relevant title and description for your page and are shown when people enter a query into Google. This usually determines whether or not people will click on your link, so it is vital to be descriptive.
3. Link Building – Building up your backlink profile is very important when it comes to SEO. Your backlink profile contains every link that someone has ever shared of yours. Authoritative links are a must when it comes to a good backlink profile. These are links that have a high domain authority and are linking to your website. Exchanging links with high-authority websites, such as industry websites and relatable blogs, can be a part of your link-building strategy. Google uses backlinks to improve your search visibility.
4. Fresh Content – Creating new and unique content is key when it comes to SEO. Updating your site as often as possible will signal Google to crawl your site more. As an artist, you have the advantage to create unique content that is only yours, but you have to put it into words because Google can’t interpret audio, video, and images. Creating content about upcoming shows, album releases and new merch can all drive traffic to your website, and putting together a content calendar can help you to manage everything from blog posts to social media posts.
5. Analytics – Monitoring the traffic your website receives is very important. Knowing which pages get the most and least amount of traffic can help you better optimize your site. There are plenty of free analytics tools out there that can help you analyze your site.
If you don’t have a website I advise you to create one and build your SEO command center. If you do have a site, I hope this short lesson on SEO for artists and producers will lead you down a path of prosperity and optimization.
For more news check here.